For School Districts by School Districts
MEUHP announces Tom Quinn as the first Executive
The MEUHP is excited to announce Tom Quinn assumed the role as
the first Executive Director of our non-profit
organization. Tom has an extensive background in
education and will be a tremendous asset to the MEUHP.
Tom worked 9 years in Jefferson City, MO at the Department
of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) in the positions
of Assistant Commissioner, Director of School Governance, Director
of School Transportation and Director of School Finance.
Before joining DESE, Tom spent 28 years working in Centralia public
schools serving as a teacher, read more
Our goals are:
- To promote fair and stable health insurance rates for our
members while maintaining quality health benefits and
- To offer our members a variety of traditional and consumer
driven health insurance benefit options.
- To increase our membership to help spread risk and increase
economies of scale.
- To help our members achieve these goals, the MEUHP includes:
Statewide and district level "safeguards" for large claim pooling
- One large plan for administrative efficiencies.
- Broad selection of a variety of plans, including PPO, HMO, HSA,
HRA and POS.
- Multiple Health Savings and Health Reimbursement Account
- District flexibility to choose up to three plans. Wellness
incentives / tools / resources / benefits.
- State and nationwide provider network.
- Retiree medical plan resources and education.
- Professional administration, service and education.
- Superintendent (Elected Board of Directors) supervision and